Navigate the Craft Cafes in New York City
Posted by Yicong Zhao
Updated: Jun 12, 2019
Roast coffee becomes a trend in New York cafes. Last year, I interviewed the New York Coffee Festival and found they have a website collecting all the information of New York Roast Cafes. So this time, I decided to collect information on these cafes in new York city and build analysis on it.
These are questions I want to figure out:
- How do the craft roasty cafes name themselves?
- What are the brewing methods they use most frequently?
- What is the normal opening hours on workdays and weekends?
- How is the geographical distribution like?
I have scraped the information on 202 cafes in new York area. The information types I scraped are: Name, Address, ZIP Code, Coffee Price, Opening Time, Brewing Method.
- Name: I have built one word cloud to see different types
From this graph, we can see that the types of names are: Location, Person Name, Food, Funny Combination, Animal, Size. And I made one visualization based on that.
2. I created bar chart to see the frequency of brewing method.
3. Then i made a map to show the concentration of cafes in different area with zip codes listed.
Yicong ZhaoView all articles
Topics from this blog: Student Works